Sunday, May 19, 2013

Half Birthday

Disclaimer:  I am a procrastinator, this is the post for the month of April

"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle."
~Vincent Van Gogh 

Benjamin is officially 6 months old, I can't believe it.  6 months has been my favorite age so far, he is enamored with us, and let's us know by smiling.  I can't get enough of it.  He has become so alert, loving to look around and see what everybody is doing.  He has become quite fond of Baxter, especially Bax's eye's and nose.  Bax is such a good sport and let's Ben mess with him.  I think secretly Bax is enjoying the attention from his future best friend.  

We had his sixth month doctor's appointment, he is 16 lbs, 28 inches long, and still has a large head, aka big brain.  Developmentally he is starting to sit up, but still needs the boppy pillow for support.  He loves all of the toys Nina keeps bringing over.  He said the word 'photosynthesis' the other day, blew Jeff and I away...big brain.   And he continues to stick his tongue out...all of the time...it's too cute!



Benjamin had his first dining experience at Angelo's with his Pe-Paw.  Like grandpa, Like grandson, Benjamin really liked the cold beer mug.



We had another play date with my "Working Mom's" play group.  His friend Lainey Escott (July 2013), kept showing Ben how to share.  I really hope Lainey likes younger boys when she gets older.  Colby Cung (June 2013), featured in the second picture below, showed Ben what getting hit with a ball feels like...glad I captured this!




 I had a birthday this month, we ended the birthday weekend with lunch at Joe Ts with the fam.  Ben tried out the high chair for the first time.  He dug it!

I also was recognized by work for some work I did this summer on the strike.  Jeff and I got to stay at The Omni, you would have thought we were back in Cap Jaluca, we were so excited.  Nina and Papa kept Ben and took him with them to celebrate The Ahmad's 42nd anniversary.  Sweet Sasha Ahmad had her first kiss.

And the Rangers season opened this month. 
And of course - CONGRATULATIONS to Tara & Bart - we love y'all!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment