Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jesus Loves the Little Children!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not 
hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." ~ Matt 19:14

Blog status update to all of my followers:  This obviously will not be a weekly blog, this will now be a monthly blog.  I am going to blog the last Sunday of each month.  

January 2013

Wow - what a month.  We rang in 2013 at home with Benjamin, he got his first cold, so mom and dad did not want to leave him with grandparents.  We ended up having a great night.  Ben partied with us - can't you tell he his having a blast - and dad cooked a wonderful meal!


The beginning of January also brought Bowl games.  We got to see Texas A&M dominate OU, I think I even heard Ben chant JFF.  We love Johnny Football!  Ole Miss also dominated Pittsburgh - Hotty Toddy!  Poor Ben had to suffer through Mom and Dad playing dress up.  (I think he looks best in maroon).

Uncle Jeff had a birthday this month, and unfortunately cousin James was sick so we couldn't celebrate with him.  Ben gave him a shout out though.

Ben turned 3 months old this month.  It's crazy how fast it has gone by.  I have to look back at pictures to remember what he looked like as a newborn.  He is an amazing little boy.  He is starting to smile a lot, and sometimes you might even hear a little laugh.  He loves to talk to you.  He rolled over from his back to his stomach just once, he only consistently rolls to his side.  He loves to spend time on his play mat, he hasn't quite mastered hitting the toys, but he knows if he swings his arms around he will eventually hit something.  He also is starting to hold his head up, again, something he hasn't quite mastered, but he's getting closer.  I can tell he will like having the independence of not having to always lay on someone. 


my attempt at being artistic

look at that belly!

We baptized Ben today, 1/27/13, at Fort Worth United Methodist.  It was a very special ceremony done by Dr. Lamar Smith.  We were blessed to have both of our families there and our awesome friends, The Browns and The (future) Halls. And thanks Uncle Jeff for being the photographer.


February is sure to bring excitement.  I am going back to work, and Ben is going to start school.  Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment